2021 Junior 1st to 7th Grade Boys/Girls Winter League
Club volleyball typically starts at age 10 for girls-11 boys and goes through age 18. Boys Club tournament seasons run from October – March and Girls December – May. We are offering this league as an introduction to volleyball for younger students who may be interested in starting a little earlier.
Designed to meet the needs of the beginner volleyball player with little or no organized team experience or development. Recommended for girls and boys entering 1st to 7th grade. Players will be taught basic setting, passing, hitting and positioning skills along with the rules of the game in a fun and memorable way.
Who: Boys and Girls Grades 1st-7th Welcome
Cost: $160 (includes team t-shirt, 3 inter-league matches, 10+ practices)
Date: Next league dates January 29th thru March 21st
Time: Weekly Practices tentatively Fridays 5:30-7:00 pm & Sundays 11:00-12:30 pm (practice times may change)
When: Signup/Payment Deadline: 5:00 pm January 26th, 2021
Where: Surge Gym, 110 W. Arch Street Fleetwood, PA
Registration: ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY
– PAYPAL: https://www.paypal.me/surgetryout/165 (fee added for online payment)
– Venmo @SurgeVBC
– Mail check payable to “Surge Volleyball” P.O. Box 343 Blandon, PA 19510
How long is the season?
– January 29th to March 26th – total of 8 weeks
How often will they meet?
– Practices will be 2 days a week. Tentative times are Fridays and Sundays
Will they compete in tournaments?
– Participants will be split into equal teams based on participation level and skill. Inter league competitions will be setup throughout the season where teams will compete against each other in match play formats based on number of players.
What are the costs associated with playing and what is included?
– League cost will be $160 ($165 if paying via PayPal) per player. Includes 8 weeks of practices and competitions led by our experienced coaching staff, Club t-shirt.
Who are the coaches?
– We have several experienced coaches who will be sharing time with the juniors during their 8 weeks with us.